This one is fantastic! I think you will love the rice you can make as a great side. It was rich and wonderful. I got this one from one of the Short Stack cookbooks that are no longer sold.
This one pairs really nicely with the Coconut Rice Recipe
1 TBLS vegetable oil
1 yellow onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced (I sometimes use 4)
1 TBLS kosher salt
2 cups peeled and diced tomatoes, or one-14 oz can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoons paprika
Juice of 1 lime
1 block of FIRM tofu.
Freshly ground pepper
2 heads baby bok Choy, cut into bite size pieces
Cilantro leaves for garnish
- In a medium high sided saute pan, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, garlic and salt and stir to combine. Cook for five minutes, stirring frequently, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, peanut butter, turmeric, and paprika and stir well to incorporate. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stir in the lime juice and 1/2 cup water and remove from heat.
- Working in batches, transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth (make sure to leave a vent for the steam to escape.
- Cut TOFU in medium size strips. The width of the Tofu. Season the TOFU liberally with salt, pepper and olive oil. And bake in toaster oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Return the tomato peanut puree to the saute pan and set over medium heat. Add the bok choy and simmer until tender, about four minutes. Add the seasoned Tofu and gently stir until the Tofu is well coated. Reduce the heat to medium low, and then cover and simmer for 5 minutes or just as needed.