This is a great summer salad. Check this out!
- 1 (14-ounce) can white beans, such as cannellini
- 5 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 ounces ciliegine (small mozzarella balls), at room temperature, halved lengthwise, or good quality fresh mozzarella, torn into bite-size pieces.
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, torn if large
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, plus more as needed
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons good-quality balsamic vinegar, plus more as needed
- flaky salt
- In a medium bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, cheese and half the basil. Gently toss together.
- Add the olive oil and season the mixture well with salt and pepper. Gently stir to combine.
- Drizzle the salad with the balsamic vinegar and top with the remaining basil. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Add a drizzle or so more of olive oil and vinegar if needed. Finish with flaky salt.