Made this one last summer and it is oh so good. Here is the OG recipe. Enjoy this one today or every day!
2 tsp Tahini
6 tbs cup Soy Sauce or Coconut Amino’s
2 tbs Rice Vinegar
Juice 1/2 Lime
1 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
1 cloves Garlic
1 tbs Sriracha
Thumb Sized Piece Ginger
2 Spring Onions/Scallions
3 tbs Sesame Oil
2 tsp Sea Salt
Drizzle of Lime Juice
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Add the cubed watermelon to 2 nonstick baking trays.
- Blitz the marinade ingredients until smooth, pour half of the marinade over the watermelon & give the trays a toss, making sure the watermelon cubes are coated.
- Place the watermelon into the oven for around 45 minutes. Stir the trays halfway through cooking.
- Once cooked, add the watermelon to a mixing bowl with the rest of the marinade, stir well then cover the bowl & place it into the fridge to marinade for at least 1 day. (you can have it right away, but it does get better with a day)
- After marinading, serve your watermelon poke chilled with sushi rice & the rest of the garnishes.
As a topping, mix some Sriracha, mayo, and sesame seed oil, and some rice vinegar. This makes a great sauce to top your bowl.