I learned this recipe from a great series called Short Stacks! This is a great GF option for making a tasty dish. Check it out!
FOR THE BROTH:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (you could add a bit more if you wish)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4-6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary (dried or fresh)
- Heat the oven to 450. Put a well seasoned or nonstick 12 inch pizza pan or cast-iron skillet in the oven.
- Put the chickpea flour in a bowl; add the salt and pepper. Slowly add 1 cup (with 2 Tablespoons olive oil in the water) into the flour, whisking to eliminate the lumps. Cover and let sit till oven warms up. You can make it ahead of time and let sit for up to 12 hours. It should look like the consistency of heavy cream.
- On the stove, fry the onions. When they look good for 30 seconds, add the rosemary. Stir those into the batter.
- Take pan out of oven and add about 2-4 Tablespoons oil (don’t skimp as you are frying this dish) swirl around and then add the batter and swirl that around. Now bake for 10-15 minutes. They broil for 1-2 to get some brown spots.
- Cut into wedges and serve. This can make for an alternative to pizza dough. Just leave out the onions and rosemary.