When I was a kid, I loved going to the pool and get this kind a treat! It was sweet and refreshing.
1 large orange, juiced and zested
1 lime, juiced and zested
1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 cups heavy cream, cold (1 pint)
- Zest both the orange and the lime.
- Juice orange and lime to get approximately 1 cup of juice.
- Pour juice into sugar and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add whipping cream and using a handheld or stand mixer, whip till soft peaks form.
- Transfer to a loaf pan or a freezer container (2.2 quarts) Place in freezer for at least 6 hours.
- This recipe makes approximately 1/2 gallon of ice cream.
- The ice cream can be stored in the freezer for months. Just make sure it’s in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn.