This recipe is a great one for a dip and a spread. Enjoy it just about any day. Total time to make would be about 15-20 minutes.
1 large roasted red pepper, jarred is great, or can make at home (see below)
¾ cup toasted walnuts
½ cup roughly chopped scallions (3-4)
1 tsp ground cumin
¾-1 tsp kosher salt (to taste)
1 tsp Aleppo or Marash pepper flakes (ok to use reg red pepper flakes too)
3 tsp pomegranate molasses
1 tsp lemon juice
5 tbsp olive oil
4-6 tbsp bread crumbs
- Make roasted pepper: Char pepper on grill or gas burner until blackened and soft on all sides. Place in bowl, covered with plastic wrap for 5-10 minutes to steam. Remove the skin and chop into large pieces.
- Toast walnuts: Place walnuts in single layer on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 325˚ for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Add peppers, walnuts, scallions, cumin, salt, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, olive oil and TWO tsp of pomegranate molasses to food processor and process until mostly smooth.
- Add breadcrumbs 2 tbsp at a time and blend slowly until dip looks like it holds its shape; I used 4 tbsp.
- Place in shallow bowl or plate, make a large well in center. Drizzle with olive oil and 1 tsp pomegranate molasses. Serve with pita or as a side to kebabs/lamb.