This was takes a bit more effort, but it is well worth it. Hope you enjoy!
2 Firm large eggplants
1 roasted red pepper (jarred is fine)
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 clove garlic, grated (into the bowl directly)
1-2 tbsp Lemon juice
3 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp Pomegranate molasses
1. Grill Eggplants: Place eggplants on grill or gas burner at medium-high heat and grill until cooked through, turning every 10 minutes until skin is completely charred, eggplants are steaming and appear deflated. Allow to cook on baking sheet for 10 minutes until cool enough to touch. Cut off top end and in half lengthwise. Scoop flesh into a colander and allow water to drain off for 3-4 minutes (it’s bitter). Once drained, chop roughly so not stringy but still with texture and add to a mixing bowl.
2. Chop red pepper Into ½ by ½ inch cubes and add to bowl.
3. Add in chopped parsley, grated garlic, olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, salt to taste to the bowl and mix gently.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight. Taste again and adjust as needed.
5. When ready to serve, bring to room temp for 30 minutes. Spread on plate or in shallow bowl. Drizzle olive oil, pomegranate molasses and bit of salt on top. Scatter with pomegranate seeds and a bit more parsley and serve with pita.