Such a tasty recipe and so simple. Give this one a go!
10 oz sugar snap peas*
¼ cup basil
1 baby shallot (walnut sized), minced
½-1 tsp maple syrup
Extra virgin olive oil
½-1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
¼ cup shelled roasted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Zest the lemon, either with a microplane or with a peeler. Peel off just the yellow skin of the lemon while leaving the white. Finely mince the peel.
- Add the lemon zest, minced shallot, Juice of the lemon (Discard the seeds!), 2-3 tbsp of olive oil, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to a bowl. Whisk together and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse and trim the stem end of the snap peas if necessary. The older the peas are, the more likely you are to find a tough “string” at the top when you trim the stem. Remove those.
- Slice the peas thinly on a diagonal and add all the chopped pieces to a bowl.
- “Chiffonade” the basil: Lay all the leaves on top of each other in a pile. Roll the pileup, and while holding the roll with one hand, thinly slice the basil into skinny ribbons with the knife. Add to the bowl.
- Add the pistachios to the bowl.
- Just before serving, toss the dressing into the veggies. Adjust seasoning to taste.