This one was a fun veggie pizza that tastes great! I got it from this website. Check them out!
4 oz (110 grams) mozzarella in water (or from ½ to ⅔ cup shredded firm mozzarella – see notes below*)
4 oz (110 grams) feta, crumbled
1 ½ cup (200 grams) cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
2 medium-sized red onions, cut into wedges
½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved lengthwise
1-2 Tablespoons dried oregano, according to taste
salt and pepper
- Roast the veggies: preheat the oven to 240°C/465°F and place the rack on the lowest position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spread the halved tomatoes and the onion wedges. Season with salt, pepper, spray or drizzle a little olive oil, and sprinkle some oregano. Roast them in the hot oven for about 10-15 minutes, until they get soft.
- Prepare the cheese: crumble the feta and, If using fresh whole mozzarella cheese in water, cut it into ½ inch thick pieces. If the mozzarella cheese is very watery, you may want to dab the mozzarella with the paper towel to remove excess moisture (see notes in the recipe card).
- Shape the dough: when the dough is ready follow step 5, place the dough on a parchment paper sheet and starting from the center, gently press it out with your fingers until you get approx a 9×13 inch pizza. Then gently place the dough and the parchment paper onto a pizza peel or onto the back of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Add the topping: top the dough evenly with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, onion wedges, olives, and crumbled feta. Finish with oregano and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. (I don’t add any salt here, the roasted veggies and the feta are already salty).
- Bake the pizza: use the pizza peel to carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone (see notes below in the recipe card). Bake the pizza until the cheese and crust are nicely browned. Each oven is different, keep an eye on it (e.g. in a forced fan oven it will take about 8-10 minutes).
- Serve: allow the pizza to cool for a minute or two, then slice, serve and enjoy!