This one is easy and delicious. You don’t have to do these toppings, but if you are looking for a good fish recipe give this one a try! And don’t forget to make the Garlic Lime Crema, it is super good!
OG RECIPE: NatashasKitchen.com
Skill Level: Easy
Cost to Make: $20-$25
Servings: 24 tacos
Fish Taco Ingredients:
24 small white corn tortillas
1 1/2 lb tilapia
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
Fish Taco Toppings:
1/2 small purple cabbage
2 medium avocado, sliced
2 roma tomatoes, diced (optional)
1/2 diced red onion
1/2 bunch Cilantro, longer stems removed
4 oz 1 cup Cotija cheese, grated
1 lime cut into 8 wedges to serve
Fish Taco Sauce Ingredients:
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup Mayo
2 Tbsp lime juice, from 1 medium lime
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Sriracha sauce, or to taste
- Line large baking sheet with parchment or silicone liner. In a small dish, combine seasonings: 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper and evenly sprinkle seasoning mix over both sides of tilapia.
- Lightly drizzle fish with olive oil and dot each piece with butter. Bake at 375 for 20-25 min. To brown edges, broil for 3-5 minutes at the end if desired.
- Combine all Taco sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended.
- To serve the tacos, toast quickly toast the corn tortillas on a large dry skillet or griddle over medium/high heat.
- To assemble: start with pieces of fish, then add remaining ingredients, finishing with a generous sprinkle of cotija cheese and finally that awesome taco sauce! Serve with a fresh lime wedge to squeeze over tacos.