This one was taught to me by Nikki! It is soooo good and so simple. I had never had Farro before, but I now love it. Give this one a try now!
This makes 2 dinner size bowls
2 cups broccoli florets
1 medium sweet potato
Chopped romaine or salad mix
⅔ cup dry farro (the easiest is the parcooked kind from Trader Joes)
2 cups veggie broth/water
1 small or ½ large avocado
1-2 oz feta cheese
Can of chickpeas
⅓ cup tahini
1 inch ginger, minced or grated
2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
1 heaping tsp white or yellow miso paste
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp maple syrup/agave
Pinch of salt
2-3 tbsp of water
- Farro: Look carefully at package If using Parcooked farro, cook according to package. If using pearled or semi-pearled farro, rinse farro in strainer and place in instant pot. Add 2 cups broth or water with salt and cook for 7 min at high pressure with 5 min slow pressure release. If using whole farro, cook the same way but for 10 min with 5 min slow pressure release. Drain excess broth and set aside.
For 4 people in an INSTAPOT follow this recipe –
– 1 1/2 cups farro washed
– 2 1/4 cup water
– veggie broth or 1/2 teaspoon
Set the Instapot for 7 minutes high pressure and 7 minutes slow release and drain off excess water. Serve immediately or store for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- Veggies: Turn oven to 450° or 425° on convection setting. Clean and cut sweet potato (skin on) into ¾ inch cubes. Toss generously with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in single layer on foil lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 min until browned, flipping after 10 min. Carefully move to a bowl to cool. Next, toss broccoli florets on a baking sheet with salt/pepper/olive oil. Roast for 8-12 min, checking after 8 min until just starting to turn crispy. Allow to cool.
- Chickpeas: Rinse chickpeas in a strainer and place in non-stick pan on medium high with 1 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp each salt and paprika, and a few grinds of pepper. Allow to cook 7-10 minutes until crispy in spots and starting to pop
- Dressing: Whisk all the ingredients, but water in a bowl. Add water 1 tbsp at a time until thick but pourable consistency. Adjust salt to taste.
- Assembly: in a wide, shallow bowl, place ½-⅔ cup furrow on one side, a handful of lettuce on the other. Top with chickpeas, veggies, diced avocado, feta. Drizzle generously with dressing and serve!