This one is a great recipe that just is super awesome that will make you want more and more. Here is the original recipe.
4 large sweet potatoes
1 can jackfruit (14-20 ounce can depending how much you want) I use a BBQ bag. Just one.
1/2 package of oyster mus1 can lentils (15 oz) oyster mushrooms (8 oz) I have used other kinds. They work just as good.
1 TBsp oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 can lentils (15 oz)oyster mushrooms
1 cup vegan BBQ sauce or your fav.
1/4 cup water
Handful of cilantro and extra sauce
BAKE YOUR SWEET POTATOES:
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Puncture the sweet potatoes with a fork and wrap each potato individually in aluminum foil. Then place them in a baking dish.
3. Place them in your preheated oven and bake until soft, about 45 – 55 minutes depending on the size.
PREPARE YOUR BBQ STUFFING
1. Meanwhile, prepare the stuffing. Drain your jackfruit from the can and begin to shred your jackfruit by hand in a bowl.
2. Next, clean your oyster mushrooms (a very lightly rinsand pat dry. Begin shredding your mushrooms by hands over the same bowl as your jackfruit. Mix together and set aside.
3. Grab a large pot and place over medium health. Add oil, onions, and garlic and be saute for about 3-5 minutes.
4. Next, add your shredded jackfruit and oyster mushrooms mixture along with garlic powder and cook lightly for 1 minute.
5. Turn down heat on low and pour in your lentils and Vegan BBQ Sauce recipe. Stir to combine fully coating your filling mixture.
6. Add water to prevent the mixture from over-drying, and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Once done, set aside until baked potatoes are done baking.
STUFF YOUR SWEET POTATOES
1. When the sweet potatoes are soft, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
2. Once cooled, transfer them to a plate, split them open with a sharp knife and spoon the barbecue mixture into the center.
3. Pour additional Vegan BBQ Sauce over sweet potatoes and topped with cilantro. Serve immediately and enjoy