This was so good. Here is one link
The OG recipe is here
1 cup vital wheat gluten
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons almond butter or any other nut butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce
¾ cup of water
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
FOR THE RUB:
¾ cup raw sugar
1 tablespoons sea salt
1 tablespoons red pepper flakes
1 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoons onion powder
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons allspice
1 teaspoon black pepper course
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon wasabi powder
1 teaspoon cumin
Just mix all these together and sprinkle over the ribs.
- Preheat smoker to 270 degrees
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the water to a measuring cup and add the almond butter, soy sauce sauce & apple cider vinegar. Mix well.
- Poor the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Need the dough mixture for 2 minutes and form into a ball, let rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangular shape.
- With a sharp knife, cut down the center and then across to create 10 equal pieces.
- Place the popsicle sticks on top of each piece and fold in, then pinch to seal. Add Rub over the ribs.
- Add your favorite wood to the smoker.
- Smoke the seitan ribs for 30 minutes and then turn. Smoke another 30 minutes
- During the last 10 minutes, baste the seitan ribs with barbecue sauce. Flip after 6 minutes to baste the other side.
- Remove from smoker and serve with your favorite barbecue sauce.
No Smoker? No Problem. Here’s how…
For those without a smoker, add 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke to you wet mixture (step #3). Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 25 minutes. While baking, fire up your grill to the hottest temp. Remove from oven and baste each side with BBQ sauce. Grill for about 5 minutes per side. You are looking for a nice sear and a little caramelization.