See how to make sweet, salty, spicy mixed nuts. These are the world’s best party snack! And they’re so simple to make.
4 cups nuts… I like:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup almonds
Spicing them up with cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
You can also throw in chipotle pepper, smoked paprika, whatever seasonings you like.
Here is a basic starter spice amount:
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- *** This is a good basic amount. If you like more spice or flavor please add more, I usually do.
For the syrup
- 1 or 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water *Heat to a boil, cook one minute, and pour over nuts!
1. Pour nuts into a mixing bowl
2. Add all spices
3. Heat syrup on stove top in a small pan. Boil for one minute. Pour over nuts.
4. Mix nuts and pour over aluminum foil wrapped baking tray. Spread out but they can be touching each other.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
6. Take out of oven and keep mixing them until most of the syrup is reincorporated on the the nuts takes about 2-3 minutes.
7. place back into the oven for 6 minutes. Let cool and brake apart and store/eat!