This one is tried and true. We have made it several times and it tastes great. Even better is that lasagna tastes even better warmed up the next day. Great winter meal!
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles (We use no boil noodles)
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped red/yellow or orange peper (we did not like the green pepper in this)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese ( we have tried others they are good too)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- (SKIP IF YOU HAVE THE NO BOIL NOODLES) Cook the lasagna noodles in a large pot of boiling water for ten minutes or until ad dente. Risse with cold water, and drain.
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir mushrooms, pepers, onion, and garlic in oil. Stir in pasta sauce and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix together ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, and eggs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Spread 1 cup tomato sauce into the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer 1/2 each, lasagna noodles, ricotta mix, sauce, and parmesan cheese. Repeat layering, and top with remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.