About four years ago I found a kitchen store that was going out of business. I found these little glass oil bottles, with the poorer on the top. I bought three of them convinced I would make my own flavored oils. Well since then, I have graduated, finished my masters, gotten married, bought a house and found out that I am going to be a father. All this off the bucket list and not a single drop of flavored oil have I created. Well this weekend was the weekend it was going to happen. I scoured the net for some recipes and I put together this little number myself. I hope you all enjoy. It has a great flavor and has just the right amount of heat.
1 cup of olive oil
3 cloves garlic
2 slices ginger about 1/4 inch thick
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes.
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Place all the ingredients in a pot that can be placed in the oven with a lid.
3. Put in the oven for a hour.
4. strain the oil with a coffee filter into a oil jar. Let cool down and your ready to go.
5. cross off flavored oil from your bucket list. If not on the list, place on bucket list and go to step six.
6. Now cross off flavored oil from your bucket list.
Try with bread it’s delicious.